The planet Saturn (referred to as Shani) is one of the most revered (and feared!) houses as per Vedic astrology. People take a lot of effort to propitiate this planet and ensure that it does not play havoc with their plans and desires. The science of Vedic astrology recommends several stones for each of the grahas (houses or planets). For Saturn / Shani, the recommended precious gemstone is the blue sapphire.
Sapphire is formed from the “mineral corundum”, which broadly has the chemical formula of alumina. The blue sapphire gemstone has a hardness close to the diamond, hence is very durable, and because of its blue color, it looks very attractive.
Benefits And Rituals Of Wearing Blue Sapphire
- Blue sapphires mine in several countries like Australia, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, and the USA, among others. The main use of blue sapphire is to ward off the ill effects of Shani. It is also referred to as the Neelam.
- A person who adorns the Neelam would feel the positive effects almost immediately. It provides protection from jealous enemies and clear the mind of the wearer from all confusion. Physically, it improves the digestive abilities of the wearer. But the thing is while choosing the blue sapphire (Neelam) gemstone is that there are certain rituals that need to follow for best results.
- Check with a trusted astrologer for buying a blue sapphire. It recommends that you have to wear it on a Saturday during Shukla paksha. The gemstone should mount in such a way that it comes into contact with your skin when you wear the ring.
- The gemstone should be equalt to 1/10 of body weight of wearer. Forwarding off the ill effects of Shani, the most recommended blue sapphire is the transparent one from Sri Lanka. Ideally, the ring should wear on the middle finger of your right hand.
- On the day when you wear the ring of blue sapphire gemstone,you must dip the ring in pure water (gangajal), milk and honey.The best time is two hours before sunset on any Saturday of Shukla Paksha.
- You must chant the following mantra 108 times: Aum Sham Shanaishcharaye Namah Aum/Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevaya. Now you are ready to wear your blue sapphire ring.
- If blue sapphire is suitable for you, it will start giving you positive results within the first 60 days of wearing it.